Terms & Conditions
1. Arrival and departure: in peak periods a booking is from Saturday to Saturday, but short breaks are available for much of the year. In order to prepare the cottages between hirers, we ask that you arrive after 3pm and leave by 10.30am on your departure date. Please contact us if you wish to arrive earlier – we usually manage to make this possible.
2. Deposit: A non-refundable deposit of 25% is required at the time of booking. The balance is due 6 weeks before the holiday date. The deposit, full amount or balance payment can be made securely online or by cheque (payable to: Riscombe Farm Holiday Cottages) or by credit/debit card over the phone (call us on 01643 831480) or by bank transfer or by PayPal.
3. Cancellation by you: If you have to cancel please inform us immediately and we will endeavour to re-let the cottage(s) and return your balance payment, if paid, as long as the cancellation is more than 6 weeks before the start date of your holiday. If this is not possible, all monies which have been paid will be forfeited. Therefore, a HOLIDAY CANCELLATION PROTECTION INSURANCE IS RECOMMENDED. We recommend Guest First – Insurance for UK Holidays: www.guestfirst.co.uk
4. Cancellation by us: Following your booking, in the unlikely event of your cottage(s) becoming unavailable due to circumstances outside our control, every effort will be made to provide an alternative cottage at Riscombe Farm or one of a similar standard and size in the area or a complete refund will be paid including the deposit.
5. Occupancy: The number of persons and pets occupying the cottages must not exceed that stated when the booking was made, unless agreed previously with the Owners.
6. No Smoking Policy: There is no smoking allowed in the cottages, games room, laundry, wood store and stable block.
7. Pets: Well behaved, fully house-trained pets are welcome, but must not be allowed on the furniture (although throws will help avoid this if necessary) or left unattended in the cottage. Please do not let them foul the cottage gardens or courtyard. DOGS MUST BE KEPT ON A LEAD AT ALL TIMES WHEN OUTSIDE because we have lost too many ducks and hens.
8. Horse Grazing/Turnout: Grazing is normally available from May-Oct for visiting horses, but the Owners reserve the right to withdraw grazing when necessary to preserve the condition of the fields.
9. Bicycles: No bicycles are allowed inside the cottages. We have a secure bicycle storage room.
10. Owners Access: The Owners reserve the right to have access to the cottages at all reasonable times, with prior notice whenever possible.
11. Loss or Damage to Personal Property: The Owners cannot accept responsibility for loss or damage to Hirers’ property, or for personal injury, or damage to cars or horseboxes/trailers parked at Hirers’ risk.
12. Cleanliness & Condition of Cottages and Other Areas: The Owners endeavour to maintain high standards of comfort and cleanliness at all times. The Hirer must therefore undertake to keep all furniture, fittings and effects in the same good condition as they were found.
13. Damage to Owners Property: The Owners reserve the right to charge for any non-trivial damage howsoever caused.
14. Caution Using the Wood-burning Stoves: The Owners provide wood and kindling for the fires in Heather, Bracken & Fern Cottages – but the Hirer must take responsibility for operating the stoves with the doors closed and follow the instructions in the visitor information folder. The Hirer must make all occupants aware that the stove gets very hot and can cause injury. The Hirer must also take care that some wood may have nails or sharp edges, and must exercise caution using the axes supplied to cut wood and kindling.
15. Right to Refuse a Booking: The Owners reserve the right to refuse a booking if there has been a pricing error on the online booking system, but will endeavour to reach agreement to complete the booking to the mutual satisfaction of the Owners and the Hirer. The Owners also reserve the right to refuse a booking if the Hirer has caused a problem with behaviour or attitude in the past.
16. WiFi: You agree that you are fully responsible for your activities whilst using this internet service and that the provision of this service is a privilege and not a right. You also agree not to engage in any unlawful or prohibited activity and that you respect privacy and security of other users. You also understand that we do not guarantee privacy and security.
17. Access Statement: For information on accessibility, please click here to see our Access Statement.